Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Breaking Radio Silence

Chef Brett is back,after months of ignoring my blogging responsibilities I'm ready to share my culinary inspirations again. The holidays have come and gone, I weathered my first holiday break from preschool, and our first major health issue - tubes in my 3.5 year old's ears. I'm ready to cook again.
What should I cook? Well what I would like to cook is spaghetti ala carbonara (freshly cooked noodles tossed with hot bacon, eggs and parmesaen - the heat of the noodles and bacon grease cooks the eggs making a salty creamy noodle dish.) But I am not going to cook or eat at that because I want to build better eating habits. So last week I started a new system as follows:
  • Brainstorm meals for the week as a family on Sunday mornings
  • Plan four fresh meals a week
  • One day will be leftover day
  • Two days will be frozen food days (frozen food days can also be eating out days)
  • When making soups or casseroles will make enough to freeze to provide for the future frozen food meals

With this plan I am hoping to eat better and save money. I also am hoping to loose some weight by creating better eating habits.The healthy habits I am trying to implement are:
  • eating a salad type thing and/or steamed veg at every meal
  • only eating meat 3 times a week
  • making sure to snack more frequently so that while I am making dinner I don't eat two string cheeses and 3/4 cup roasted almonds (in smaller portions a healthy snack but when too hungry appetite ruining).
  • only eating when hungry, not just because the clock says its time to eat
Come back in a day or two and I will share this week's menu and some recipes! (Really, I will be here, I am recommitting to this blog and Doctor Crystal).

No comments:

Post a Comment